With the National Basketball Association playoffs entering the conference finals stage Tuesday night, social-media-monitoring and analytics platform Engagor analyzed the eight teams that battled in the conference semifinals to see who scored on Facebook and Twitter.
Engagor found that:
- There were 2.1 million total mentions of the eight participating NBA teams, players, hashtags and keywords on Facebook and Twitter from May 3 through 17.
- The Golden State Warriors posted the highest fan-growth percentage on both Facebook (123,686 new likes) and Twitter (27,809 new followers).
- On Facebook, the Cleveland Cavaliers boasted the most fan engagement, while the Chicago Bulls were the most socially active club.
- The Warriors were tops in both engagement and activity on Twitter.
The players who drew the most mentions from May 3 through 17 were:
The most-used hashtags were:
- #nbaplayoffs (115,906)
- #allincle (62,902)
- #kiamvp (51,205)
- #cavsbulls (44,274)
- #dcrising (38,675)
And the teams with the most fan engagement during the period (total posts):
- Warriors (457.5)
- Bulls (422.8)
- Cavaliers (403.5)
- Los Angeles Clippers (375.5)
- Houston Rockets (345.9)
Readers: Have you posted on Facebook or Twitter about the NBA playoffs?